New Production and Promotion:
The Texas Hot Sauce Festival has engaged Turn To Productions for promotion and production. Turn To Productions has over 20 years’ experience in festival and event production, marketing and promotions. They created the hugely popular Pearland Crawfish Festival. They owned the successful, internationally renowned concert venue, Meridian, and managed Houston’s most popular special events venue, Garden in the Heights. Their credits include the Homegrown Texas Jam Free Concert Series, Houston St. Patrick’s Festival, and the legendary Westheimer Street Festival among many others. This history has developed an excellent reputation in getting extensive promotion for events and for event sponsors.
Marketing will be tiered to take advantage of Greater Houston/Galveston Area, statewide, and national resources. The new owner and promotions team are dedicated to aggressive promotion of event sponsors. Our multi-level marketing campaign can include, but is not limited to:
The promoters outreach to media results in widespread coverage from a variety of outlets, covering all markets. They have, over decades of doing events, established wide-ranging and prominent media contacts, as well as an extensive and effective database of print, radio, and television media at all levels and interests. Their press releases are regularly utilized from major market dailies to small community papers. The Texas Hot Sauce Festival will send to all contacts regular press releases on the Festival, with follow-up with individual writers to insure the maximum coverage. Content provided to national and Texas magazines (e.g. Inside Houston, AAA, Texas Highways, Chile Pepper Magazine).
All area television shows will be contacted to arrange interviews, contests, and other appearances on morning shows, community calendar shows, etc.
The promoters have excellent contacts with radio stations throughout the region, including smaller ones that often go unnoticed, but nonetheless have a dedicated listenership and are looking for events to discuss and would welcome ticket giveaways.
Contacts include the entertainment writers and popular columnists and will work to insure feature articles and interviews. They will work to get photographers and writers to the festival on Friday for exposure in the Saturday and Sunday papers. Event announcements are posted on Chron.com.
The Texas Hot Sauce Festival will be aggressively promoted through all available avenues online. As a result of aggressive, proven online promotion techniques, past festivals were listed on hundreds of sites across the region and as far away as New York and Florida, and recipients of the promotion helped spread the word in a geometric progression from official city websites to “Things To Do” and “Area Attractions” sites to message boards and blogs. All promotion drives media and patrons to the festival web site that provides further promotion for sponsors.
- Website: The Texas Hot Sauce Festival website will feature sponsors’ logos with promotional information from sponsors and links to sponsors’ sites or special promotions.
- Email Blast: Over 20 years of creating and promoting events, the producers have developed a proven and effective email list of over 150,000 dedicated event patrons, with new contacts being added especially for the Texas Hot Sauce Festival. Each email blast will feature promotion of Sponsors.
- Social Media: Across social media platforms the Texas Hot Sauce Festival will use the latest connection and communication technology to exploit the oldest and most effective form of promotion: word of mouth.
- Separate posts to social media will feature Sponsors information, videos, products, and promotions, with sponsor generated content.
- Event Sites and Message Boards: The Texas Hot Sauce Festival and sponsors will be posted on an extensive list of TV, radio, city, and independent event calendar and “things to do” sites and message boards, including sites for events specializing in food, music, and other elements. Many are feeder sites to additional event calendar sites.
Posters and Flyers
The Texas Hot Sauce Festival will distribute colorful and effective full-color posters and glossy, full-color flyers to area businesses, and at all complimentary events leading up to the festival.
- The Concierge Association will distribute in buildings and the tunnel system downtown and in the Energy Corridor.
- “Street Teams” that handle flyers for concert venues will distribute at similar market shows and at approved locations throughout the Greater Houston/Gulf Coast Area.
Press Coverage The Texas Hot Sauce Festival Has Received:
Q Morning Zoo KKBQ
The Weather Channel
Houston Chronicle Preview
KTRK Channel 13 ABC
KHOU Channel 11 CBS
KPRC Channel 2 NBC
Houston Networking News, Radio
Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau
Chile Pepper Magazine
Houston Lifestyles & Homes
Galveston County Daily News
– Ft. Bend/Southwest
– Memorial/Spring Branch
– 1960 East
– 1960 West
Houston, TX Apartment News
TV Party Tonight (Local Cable Show)